Adelaide Chapter Harley Owners Group South Australia Inc.
Facebook / Social Media Code of Conduct
This page has been created to allow access to information between members of the Adelaide Chapter Harley Owners Group South Australia Inc.
Please use it as a forum to promote Harley Davidson, Harley Owners Group Australia, Harley Heaven and the Adelaide Chapter or as a way of posting information regarding upcoming events and activities only.
Our intent is to make connecting with our members easier and more accessible through a medium preferred by many.
Our Facebook page is a place where we build our community by building chapter spirit.
We ask that our members accentuate the POSITIVES and bring to everyone’s attention the little things that make OUR chapter great.
Rules & Restrictions on Posts/Submissions
- Submissions and Responses SHALL be limited to and about the Harley Davidson, Harley Owners Group Australia, the Adelaide Chapter only.
- Do NOT place personal comments about Harley Davidson, Harley Owners Group Australia or the Adelaide Chapter members. If this is done the person (s) will have their comments taken down immediately by the Administrator.
- Users should exercise common sense and courtesy in submitting comments or materials for posting on the Facebook group. Keep your comments considerate and productive
- Submissions SHALL NOT be invasive of privacy by including personal information such as addresses, phone numbers or any other personal information.
- Submissions SHALL NOT harass or discriminate on the basis of race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexual preference or any other factors.
- Submissions SHALL NOT include content or materials that violate the copyrights, trademark rights or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
- Users SHALL NOT use or attempt to use the Facebook Group for commercial purposes. Submissions SHALL NOT include advertisements for goods or services, solicitations, “spam”, chain letters, surveys, pyramid schemes or the like.
- Posts such as calls to be added to friend’s lists, to join their Facebook games, etc. will be removed.
- Please “DO NOT” post any content that could be considered negative or offensive by nature, this would include and is not limited to; explicit language, nudity or materials that are deemed offensive to this pages standards.
- When challenging another’s opinion (even if you heavily disagree), challenge the point and not the person making it. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
- When making a comment around a ‘sensitive subject’ please take extra care to consider how the phrasing of your comment may be interpreted.
Warnings & Disciplinary Action
All users of the chapter Facebook group should abide by this code of conduct. If an individual does NOT, this may result in disciplinary action being taken against them. This action can be taken entirely at the discretion of the committee and may include, depending on the severity of the offence, any of the following:
- If a person (s) have their Submissions or Responses taking down by the Administrator, the Harley Owners Group Australia, Adelaide Chapter Committee will notify them as to the reason why it was removed from the Facebook page.
- A private message to the individual explaining why their actions have broken the code of conduct and, if applicable, how they can avoid doing this in the future.
- An article/comment being deleted off of the Facebook page.
- A comment being made on a thread from a committee member outlining that a comment is inappropriate.
- A member being banned/blocked from the Facebook group and prevented from re-joining.
- For more serious breaches, the committee may take further disciplinary action.
If you feel another member has broken the code of conduct, please contact a member of the Adelaide Chapter Harley Owners Group committee. Alternatively, please contact the page administrators.
If you have breached the code of conduct, it may be appropriate to make an apology to those concerned (in a low-level incident, this may be enough to prevent further disciplinary action).
The Code of Conduct is an agreement between the Adelaide Chapter Harley Owners Group South Australia Inc. and the user. By accessing, browsing, or using this service, the user agrees to be bound by these terms.
The views expressed on the Facebook page are those of the individual participants. They do NOT and should NOT be construed as representing the views of the Adelaide Chapter Harley Owners Group South Australia Inc.
While the Adelaide Chapter Harley Owners Group South Australia Inc. reserves the right to monitor the group and remove submissions or materials it believes are NOT in conformity with this Code of Conduct or in the best interests of the Chapter and its members, the Adelaide Chapter Harley Owners Group South Australia Inc. undertakes NO obligation to do so.